Monday, December 29, 2008

If Kip Winger Insults Metallica... Is It Even Valid?

Kip Winger, seen here in his cover for Playgirl Magazine, has recently had this to say about drummer Lars Ulrich:

C.C. Banana: Have you ever thrown darts at a photo of Lars Ulrich?

Kip Winger: I've never done that. I really never had anything against the guy. In fact, when I first heard METALLICA's "black" album, I thought it was a really cool record... and then they just started taking shots at me, for whatever reason. But it's okay, Lars is not really that talented. He's got a lot of fucking money, though, so I'm sure he's happy. I actually felt sorry for him when I saw that "Some Kind of Monster" documentary. He was sitting there next to his dad, just seething with unmoved emotion over things that were still unresolved. It was really kind of sad to watch. But I do like METALLICA, they're a good band.

...OK, so it's not really an insult to Metallica, not even Lars; "Lars Isn't that Talented" is the headline, albeit a desperate one.

But hey, this story is going to get some decent play in the metal world, and don't be shocked if Megadeth fans start pointing to this as a "You see? YOU SEE!" moment. For us die-hard Megadeth fans who don't really care but get to sit back and enjoy the mayhem, we get to revel in the irony of the laughing stock of metal insulting someone who many consider to be the best/over-rated metal drummer ever.

1 comment:

kdwestbrooks said...

Lars may be a great drummer.But he's not a very good one. He can't hold a candle to Rod Morgenstein.