Sunday, November 8, 2009

LOONEY TUNES ARE BACK!!!!

I'm really am glad to hear this bit of news!

In the world of cartoons, Cartoon Network announced today that, after 5 years away, Looney Tunes will make a return to regular rotation!

Why is this big news?

By and large, Looney Tunes has been on television since 1958. Every week, anyone in America could turn on a TV and catch an episode or one of the countless shorts of the series over the years, including new ones made during the 60's. In 1988, Nickelodeon began showing Looney Tunes and continued to do so until 1999. In 2000, Warner Bros decided to only show the shorts on their networks, and by 2005, they were all but gone.

The return of Looney Tunes is something I've been waiting for for years. I love cartoons, but I also love animation! For years, I've complained that kids today are getting deprived of these shorts. Yes, I won't lie, its boring and tiring at times to watch the same jokes a million times. I got sick of them by the time I was 10. But, well, time heals all wounds, and this is the same case. The classic slapstick and missing, and I would love to see Tex Avery cartoons come back, as well as those of Chuck Jones... but, like I said, I love animation.

Bugs Bunny and Co. will return to Cartoon Network Sunday, November 14th at 1PM. I don't think I'll leave my house.

No comments: