Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ride the Ducks Boat Crash on South Street


I was walking with my friend down South Street when we were greeted by a Ride the Ducks boat making a left turn on 6th Street. In the 5+ years I've had my mohawk, there's been plenty of people who like to point to it and either praise or dismiss it, and the entire time I saw the boat, all I could think of was "Please don't say it, please don't say it, please don't -"

"HEY, EVERYONE! Check out the Mohawk!"

Fuck.

So I waved back, smiled, and started to cross. That's when I heard a "whack!".

The duck boat hit a cab.

The "crash" was little more than a fender-bender, really. No one was hurt, the cab looked fine from where I was, and that was about it. That doesn't mean me and my friend didn't enjoy the insta-karma we witnessed and the fact we had to comment on what was another Ride the Ducks incident. That's when I realized I had a camera with me.

So remember, folks: If you're going to annoy someone... just be careful.

No comments: