Monday, May 31, 2010

DVD Funhouse - The BEST Movie Store I've Ever Seen

I was in New York City yesterday, just walking around and having a good time. Walking towards the Flatiron building, I stopped in a cafe that was across the street from a place advertising $5.99 DVD's. Just for the hell of it, I decided to walk in, expecting nothing more than a ton of used DVD's.

Nope. $5.99 for brand new DVD's.

Now, there are used DVD's from Blockbuster for $3.99, but they also had brand-new DVD box sets as cheap as $5.99! In fact, they have the entire Aeon Flux series for only $6.99! Amazing!

I wound up picking the following because I either couldn't find it this cheap, or anywhere else:
  1. The Ben Stiller Show (All 13 Episodes)
  2. Hamlet 2
  3. Chasing Amy
  4. South Park Imaginationland Uncut
  5. Samurai Jack Season 4 ($6.99)
The last one was the most shocking for me. Animation fans and anyone who grew up at the turn of the century knows that Samurai Jack was a show that never got the respect it deserved in the end, and no proper series finale. The final season is only of legend to me, and now, after nearly 10 years, I finally get to see it! $7 was incredibly cheap, especially since most places price it at $30+!

The Ben Stiller Show was another personal highlight as well. I wanted to watch it for years, and the cheapest I had seen it was $20. Throw in Andy Dick as a cast member, and it has to be good!

Chasing Amy is a personal favorite of a film, and I've only had the VHS for 8 years. Again, the cheapest I've found this DVD ever. Its cool I finally get to catch Hamlet 2, and the copy of Imaginationland I got came uncensored and with commentary, which, if history has taught me anything, will be better and 100% different than if I bought the season they were in. Plus, I can toss it to a pal when I'm done. :)

The DVD's are all Region 1 so they will play in your DVD player. If you can, spend the $20 to go up there and stock up! They also have recent releases up there, like Bruno, and a bunch of others.

DVD Funhouse
655 Sixth Ave
New York, NY 10010


No comments: