Saturday, September 26, 2009

IN FLAMES - The Trocadero, October 4th 7PM


IN FLAMES is playing The Trocadero October 4th at 7PM. They will be joined by Between the Buried and Me, 3 Inches of Blood, and The Faceless.

Download and hand out your own flyer HERE.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Interested in what went into making this? Read the full story here, but here's a snippet:

Behind the screaming demoness is a symbol. Now, those familiar with In Flames will see something familiar yet strange. In Flames has adopted a few symbols over the years, and there was a sort of tribal one used back in 2006 for Come Clarity. I decided to take the idea and make it my own. In this case, it involved turning it into the symbol of chaos as well.

There's some writing on the original piece, but I had to take it off the smaller versions of the posters because it didn't read well. I was listening to "A Sense of Purpose" while penciling it in and one lyric in particular came to mind: " Feel this up your conviction!" To me, though, it sounded like "Feel the Realness of Your Convictions!", thus the name of the piece. The lyric is from the song "I'm the Highway".

Interested? Make sure you check it out on my blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you soudl do a better Rob Zombie poster for the Hellbilly Deluxe 2 tour

this posters beeat

http://www.cherrybombed.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/RobZombieHellbillyDeluxe2TourPoster.jpg

hes playin in philly on dec.4th at the electric factory... i got my tix for sure

Mark Skull said...

I might try to.

I don't think that poster is too bad... its in a style similar to what would be done and it fits him well enough. Eh, we'll see.

ryansabotage said...

compared to his older shit, he put more work into his flyers back in the day.. now hes just lazying it up
id LOVE to see what you can put together, anythings better than that flyer