Monday, December 28, 2009

The End: No More Sirus XM Radio For Me



Today I finally canceled my subscription to Sirius/XM Radio. In hindsight, its a really sad thing I had to do.

I can't recall when, exactly, I got the radio, but I think it was 2006. I was excited, and I enjoyed having a chance to listen to the latest metal and punk whenever I wanted to on the thing. Throw in having my own personal radio station, and times were good.

I refused to pay for a lifetime subscription since I already had a feeling it wouldn't last too long, so I never actually went for it.

Over the years, my love affair for Sirius went south. They eliminated the Punk channel I loved, starting to play more and more of the same songs over and over again on the metal and hard rock stations, and the entire thing got monotonous. Throw in not being able to access your radio stations on the computer without paying an extra fee, and you can see why $45 every 4 months wasn't a deal.

I basically stopped listening to it over the last 3 months, and its just gathering dust now.

Its sad, really... really, it is. I also have the failed Portable Sirius Radio that never delivered on the promise of portable satellite radio in the form of a radio in your pocket. If I get one, I'll go back to them since I would actually use that. I don't drive so I don't have it for my car, either. Right now, its simply obsolete to me.

Well, here's to the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely see the movie "Stock Shock" about short selling the market and the effect it had on Sirius XM stock in particular--short sellers ran it down to 5 cents a share at one point. On DVD only, of course. Amazon has it on DVD or stockshockmovie.com