Saturday, December 5, 2009

Philadelphia's Best Kept Secret: 43 N3 Posters


A month ago, I went out with a few friends on First Friday to walk around. I decided to hold off displaying art this time around and instead focus on seeing what was going on at the galleries for a change. On 3rd Street, we walked by a store front that looked incredibly interesting, especially for Old City, filled with concert posters that I had never seen before.

I walked in and was greeted to a massive space only 1/4th filled with some posters, the rest empty and gutted. The walls were covered in massive English Subway Posters from yesteryear, and the man who ran the place was as jolly as Santa Clause! I found rare Iron Maiden and Metallica posters, and tons of movie posters.

I asked if it would be possible to show some of my stuff there down the line, and I signed a already half-filled piece of paper with other artists with the same idea.

Currently, the artwork of Cal Schenkel, long-time artist for Frank Zappa, is hanging in this store. It is worth checking out!

The store is located at 43 N. 3rd Street, and is open sporadically, although they are aiming for Fridays - Sundays in the afternoon.

No comments: