Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Metal Song of the Day: Metallica "Hollier Than Thou"

You know, sometimes its easy to walk around with a Mohawk, and some days its irritating as hell. If you've ever dared to be different, you know what I mean. It may not be your hair; it may be how you dress, you look, act, whatever. You're out of step with the world around you and you know it, and so does everyone else.

To that extent, today was one of those "teachable moments" you hear so much about. Getting off the train without my headphones on, I lose my little armor to the world of those around me. As I passed by the Jehovah Witnesses that litter (as in spread around) Market East Station, I heard one of them let loose a loud laugh at me. To wit, all I could think of that simple line, "Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself!"

Enter Metallica.

I've had the "black album" for nearly 10 years now, but it wasn't until today that I REALLY listened to this song. Amazing that I haven't considering my past.

Well, enjoy!


No comments: