Sunday, October 19, 2008

Attrition

I look down at the world
As I feel with all the pain
As I look up again
I can't help but grin

Despite all the anger
And self analyzing crap
I somehow feel empowered
By feeling something so strong

I'm mad at myself
And furious at the world
All I can think of
Is not being pulled by the undertow

I live a life devoid of warmth
A seemingly permanent condition
Living out all my days
Living with all of the attrition

The anger and all the rage
From seeing someone else
Throw the entire life away
For someone who doesn't deserve
The love, the warmth
The endlessly wonderful days
It's almost as if this person was trapped inside a maze

Through twists and turns
They follow the course
They follow their premonition
Living with another act of attrition

And so I live
Another day
Although I don't know why

I live another day
Living this lie

No comments: