Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Big 4: Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax on the Big Screen!



I was a teenager again.

In 2002, I was an oddity in my high school. I, unlike 99% of the other students, listened to metal. Not only that, but I was still just getting into the genre. By the time I graduated, I had gone from listing to Winger’s Seventeen, to listening to Slayer’s Reign in Blood. Those were truly a magical time, and I had one simple vision of all these guys just getting together and playing at each other shows. That was true to some regard; Anthrax let Metallica share its space, Dave Mustaine formed Megadeth after getting kicked out of Metallica, and Kerry King formed Slayer after playing in Megadeth. The dream of everyone in the metal world was to finally, after 25 years, see all of them play the same concert. To see the Big Four in the single greatest concert ever!
Last night, we all got to be kids again.

At movie theaters around the world, The Big Four: Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, and Metallica were unleashed upon the world, causing not devastation, but the rarest joy you could ever see at a metal concert. It was, in and of itself a different experience than any concert anyone had been to. You’re in an air-condition movie theater with a ton of people. Do you mosh? Do you sing along? Do you act like you do at a show?

To read the rest of my FIRST ARTICLE EVER on Blow The Scene.com, click here!

No comments: