Thursday, December 18, 2008

So People Paid Attention to Something I Wrote...

I'll just make this brief:

I'm both shocked and amazed that my little rant went as far across the Blogosphere as it did. As such, I just want to explain why I wrote it and how I found out it caught on like the flu it is:

It's been a little frustrating not finding out about events until it's too late. The nightly news does it, and with blogs, I set the bar a little higher. Events that I would like to attend or plan to go happen from time to time around here, and maybe, like, a weeks notice would be cool. But as just some guy, I never know where to go, really. So in the last post, I vented my frustrations. I said to myself, "Well, no one reads this damn thing anyway, and if they do, I'm sure they'll understand it was just blowing off steam, nothing more, as well as a cry for help on where to get this info."

I think the reaction can best be described as "mixed."

I still love and go to these blogs I mentioned, and I still love reading them. I don't have a following, and really, I don't care if I get one. I stopped trying months ago to get one and I'm happy just using this place as more of a journal to vent and see if anyone agrees with me.

So, imagine my shock when I checked my computer and saw some 50-odd hits by 10AM, which is rare. Most of the links were from Twitter, one from Facebook... I guess it spread from there. I didn't even tell anyone about it, I just thought it would sort of float around like everything else I've written.

So thanks for the folks leaving comments, and informing me of Phawker and the Philebrity Listings to shut me up. :) Also, The Clog is awesome and so is Philadelphia Will Do! Keep up the good work, can't wait to read what happens next!

No comments: