Monday, April 6, 2009

New Anthrax Singer To Have Signing Session... Why?

Anthrax. I fucking love Anthrax!

I got into them in 2002 and the short version of why they're my favorite is that they cured me of any love and respect I had for hair metal. Why? Because Joey Belladonna was every bit as talented as the guys singing in Whitesnake and Cinderella (and the Bullet Boys, still one of my favorite bands), but with intelligent lyrics about sanity, Nazi's, and being alive in a world that seems out to get you. I speak of "Spreading the Disease", my first Anthrax album and one of the best I've ever heard. I've seen them twice and own all their albums, even Volume 8.

So, my credentials in check, this is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

I feel sorry for Dan Nelson. He's the new singer for Anthrax and, from what I've heard, he's nothing short of amazing. I look forward to the new album and hearing him on a proper studio track and album with the band (all I've heard so far are bootlegs), but a signing session? Sign what?

His only credentials thus far were singing in a band about 10 people heard of, and there isn't much to go on. He doesn't have much of a history, no one knows where this could go... I think it's a kinda foolish and short-sighted. If it was him with, say, Scott Ian or another member of Anthrax, I would go in a heartbeat! As it stands... sorry, Dan, good luck! Try again after the album comes out.


For those interested, check out the info here:

ANTHRAX frontman Dan Nelson will take part in a signing session at Looney Tunes in West Babylon, New York on "Record Store Day" (Saturday, April 18). The event will begin at 3:00 p.m.

The details are as follows:

Looney Tunes
31 Brookvale Ave.
West Babylon, NY 11704
(631) 587-7722

Thanks to Blabbermouth.net for the story, and mp3.com for the photo.

No comments: