Tuesday, July 14, 2009

RANCID Coming Town! Now the Bad News...

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

Rancid, one of the greatest punk bands of all time, is coming to Philadelphia! Not just content with playing a great show indoors, they will be taking the stage at Penn's Landing on July 25th at 7PM!

The bad news? Well, there's a lot of it.

For starters, Billy Talent is the opening act. "But I like Billy Talent!" Well... you suck.

Quasi-bad news (hit or miss)... Rise Against is the headliners. For me, they're take them or leave 'em. I wouldn't mind seeing them as an opening act, but I don't think I'd go for them being the headliner.

Now the crappy news: Since the event is being brought to you by Live Nation, that means you have to deal with THEIR ticketing system. The base price for a ticket is $30. With fees online... you're looking at $44.

So for me, here's the deal: I can try and get a ticket at face value somewhere in Philadelphia (Which I don't know, but I'll look around for everyone!) and go. I wouldn't mind paying $30 to see Rancid since I've always missed them whenever they've come by. But $44 for one band? NO!

We'll see where this all goes...

Also, in case you didn't know, Rancid has a new album out! Make sure you check it out!

3 comments:

RyanSabotage said...

its Rancid, i dont care who the opening act is, rancid is always worth the 44 bucks

Mark Skull said...

I love Rancid, but $44 bucks in this economy to see them? No thanks.

RyanSabotage said...

your right
people i were gonan go with dont wanan go becasue of the ticket price.. sucks, i really wanna go ither way.. rise agianst is good an all, but they dont deserve to be headlineing