Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Free Press is Now Propoganda Again




I keep forgetting that people never learn from the past.

Eight years ago on this day, an idiot was elected president. Despite that, the media simply ate up whatever Bush did or say and didn't question anything. They simply stayed content to follow the lead, to do whatever he said, and when it came time for the war on Iraq, they went with the name they were given. No objective reporting, no warnings, no original thought. Instead, we were fed lies and propaganda and were told it was news.

Today we get to see history made; we get to see the end of the last 8 years of Bush and the start of a new president. I won't echo his words, and I won't simply say I agree with what he has to say. His actions will say more than anything he could give in a speech. I will say, though, that I do have fairly high hopes.

Just remember this quote as we go into the next 4 years: The Time to Ask Questions is When No One Is.

No comments: