Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It Is Done! It Is Done! At Last, The World Is Free!

I love quoting the Ralph Baski movie "Wizards". Great film, too, if you've never seen it.

I was greeted this morning with a look at my web site stat tracking that I had gotten basically more hits in the last 12 hours on my web site, morisecomics.com, than over the course of a normal month. Turns out I made the cut and am now part of the greatest inspirational website I've ever seen, Notcot.org!

Artists, designers, and people all over the world come to this site and look for the latest in interesting and inspiring things, and to make the cut... well, it's just plain awesome!

You can see the original post here.

So far, it's earned me two different blog posts as well, which I think is sweet!

Kellypuff's blog said he was a "cute little guy." Thanks!

Technoarts.net had a nice write-up of my website. Here is what they wrote, translate and re-phased:
Portfolio of the designer and independent illustrator Larry West. Graphic design, illustration, web design, photography… Seen at notcot.org.

Larry says thathis art and its style has been influenced from everything from punk rock to Walt Disney, and that he began to draw at the age of 10. In any case, his independence and liberty are patents, given that neither the charismatic new leader of the White House, nor his 'friend' Hillary, are saved from his critical vision and little optimism of the current world.
I left it largely untouched, but you get the idea. :)


Just got one from awesome dude in Germany on the blog diskursdisko:
Larry West informs the world by means of more than a cute little Cardboard Robot that the end approaches.

Why he does this, his secret remains (for the time being).
Here are some more links:
Moustier-City - Photos
Vi.Sualize.Us - More photos here and the site is nice!

More as this develops!

THE END IS NEAR!

No comments: