Friday, March 27, 2009

A little more on my robot

So it made the Philadelphia City Paper! Cool! It was published and blogged about on The Clog! SWEET!

I just want to address something, though, about the robot and it's about the robot itself.

I've had friends and people online send me a slew of suggestions about what to do with him and other concepts for him. It's quite amazing, really, and it makes me feel good!

This is the first time in my life that I created a piece of art, not just to make myself happy, but to make others happy around the world. Normally I just draw something to make myself happy and piss people off... not entirely not the case here, but hey, I've gotta be me, right? I wanted people to look at this robot and smile and think. I wanted them to smile because he is a cute little robot and because I wanted people to think because of the little sign he's holding.

And, of course, I still haven't said "why" I've done all this, have I?

Like I keep saying, the answer is really obvious and right in front of you.

But back to people's ideas and suggestions: Thanks, but no thanks. If your inspired by what I did, if you liked the cute little guy and thought of something awesome you would like him to do yourself, please... do it yourself. Spread the joy. :)

No comments: