Thursday, August 13, 2009

Eagles Sign Micahel Vick, and I Die A Little Inside


The Philadelphia Eagles are dead to me.

Never, not in a million years, did I ever think I would say those words, type them, or arrange them in any sort of a sentence. Never, ever, ever, EVER. But as of today, they are.

They signed Michael Vick.

From the very moment I was born, there was an Eagles hat on my head. No, I'm not the most vocal fan. No, I don't own a ton of Eagles merch nor have I've ever been to one of their games. No, I don't own a Jersey, and no, I don't know the name and stats of everyone on the team. Am I still a fan? Hell yeah! Even during the 90's, when the average season resulted in only a lousy 3 wins, and I was with them during the highlights, when they went to the Super Bowl and when they almost made it back this year.

Michael Vick. Damn it! Why?!

I believe that once you serve your time, you should be allowed to re-enter society and get a job. I believe that once you apologize for your crime, and you make sincere effort to rehabilitate, you should have every single right to get a new job and make a living. This case isn't that different except for the fact that you also lose some privileges. One of them is to be a hero to kids by playing football in the NFL. Another is making millions by playing a sport.

On top of that, with all the problems in pro-sports today regarding the behavior of those who play sports professionally, having a federal criminal who engaged in a violent activity that harmed dogs doesn't help the image of the NFL.



Image thanks to Daryl Crages awesome blog!


I will not, in any way, shape, or form, be supporting the Eagles this season unless they agree to drop Michael Vick! I won't watch the games, I won't watch the news segments, I'll even turn off the TV if there's a news story about them!

Hey Andy Reid, can I ask you something: HOW COULD YOU DO SOMETHING SO STUPID?!

You know what, I'm going to turn off my filter. Look out for foul language:




WHAT THE FUCK?! WHAT THE MOTHER-FUCKING-HELL?!?!?!?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT! MICHAEL VICK?! THAT ASSHOLE!??!?!?!?!

FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU BASTARDS!!! WHY?! Why the FUCK would you sign this asshole?! No, seriously! WHY. THE. FUCK would you sign him?! Yeah, he has good states, yeah he's a good player... but as a human being, he's fucking scum! Hell, he's LOWER than scum! He's shittier than shit!

COME ON! TELL ME with a straight face you didn't know this was going to happen! The outrage! The anger! The backlash! Could you even fucking imagine the fact that even people who don't like dogs (like me) think what Vick did was so fucked-up that WE don't even want to associate with the fucker?!

FUCK YOU!









OK, I'm done. No more cursing.

I might even go further in this. I wouldn't mind picketing or protesting Eagles games over this. No kidding. I wouldn't mind.

So, there you have it. The angriest man in Philadelphia spreads his hate about his used-to-be favorite football team. I'm now stuck finding a new football team to root for. Maybe the Arizona Cardinals? Cleveland Browns? Or maybe the Oakland Raiders. Hell, look at their fans!

But, give me this: I still fucking hate the Dallas Cowboys.

6 comments:

Billyist said...

Thanks for your anger, I'm with you. I think there are going to be a lot of others dropping the Eagles this season.

http://goodreasonnews.blogspot.com/2009/08/why-i-can-never-root-for-my-hometeam.html

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, the idea of giving Vick a second chance is outrageous. He did not do something wrong once, he repeatedly abused defenseless animals. Second chances are for people who make a mistake, not for people who repeat their mistake over and over again!!

Mark Skull said...

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a a second chance, I'm saying he shouldn't play in the NFL. I'm all for giving him a second chance by going out, doing good deed for a year or two, making an impact, THEN joining the NFL.

But for the most part, he's been quiet about anything until he wanted to come back to the NFL.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments - I agree 100% I will do everything in my power to get people to boycott the Eagles and their sponsors.

Anonymous said...

Ok...Michael Vick was involved in something that was irreprehensible; we get that. But did we protest Ollie North when it came out he was caught in his sh** for selling arms illegally? Did we impeach Bush for lying to the people and putting us in a war searching for WMD that we didn't find? What about Mark Chmura formerly of the packers and his under aged teen soirees... c'mon people... I don't hear anybody protesting any deer hunters!

Mark Skull said...

Oliver North doesn't deserve to get his own TV show on Fox News since he committed war crimes.

Bush should have been impeached, but the votes were never there and Pelosi was too much of a pussy to do it while he was in office and Obama should do it now, but I think its safe to say he's a little busy right now.

Without a doubt, there are worse things out there, and plenty of things to piss me off and complain about. But this is a bit smaller on scale and its more likely we can get something done a lot easier.

Do what you can when you can, right?