Wednesday, July 23, 2008

8-Album Mind: Slit My Wrists and serve me some Pennyroyal Tea!

Pretty damn interesting mix today! And it's the last real mix one for a day or two. Today I got to listen to one of my favorite albums, test out one that I think should go, and actually wound up enjoying an album I never thought I would.






Today's playlist IN ORDER:

I LOVE the Murderdolls, one of my favorite groups! They were formed when Wednesday 13 hooked up with Joey Jordisan of Slipknot to basically re-write and re-record some of Wednesday 13's material with The Frankenstein Drag Queens of Planet 13. It is a great album and, to me, a realization of the greatness of the former band done by the later. This band is basically responsible for ever

Nailbomb is another side-project band I listened today, with members from Sepultura and Fear Factory, as well as a few others, basically kicking ass and taking names on a industrial-meets-thrash and punk disc. Heavy and thrashy, but not great. After that was Nine Inch Nails "Pretty Hate Machine." Personally, I think it's a little over-rated. It sounds like a mix of early Ministry and early KMFDM.

After that, knowing I had the entire Nirvana box set with me, I decided to split it up. I hated the box set when I first listened to the entire thing, so doing this allows me to judge it better. The disc is more solid then I remember, but still is plagued by filler, like the rest of the set.

NIN's "The Downward Spiral" was actually the surprise of the day. I've never been that into this album, nor Trent Reznor, but this album finally connected today. Not like the heaven's alligning, but I did really enjoy it this time. Nirvana's greatest hits disc, "Nirvana", was just OK. I skipped the "Nevermind" material since I'm listening to that stuff tomorrow, and the rest was good.

No comments: