Tuesday, July 22, 2008

8-Album Mind: Where I Post the 10 Albums I Listend to Today

Basically, I'm ripping off a few blogs around Philly that do a feature called "10-Track Mind" where they list 10 local bands they like and the songs that make them happy. Instead, I'll post the albums I listened to in a day. Why? Because frankly, music in Philly sucks as it is, I don't need blogs dedicated to promoting some lame indie-rock band that sounds like every other single friggin indie rock band and telling me that they're "good".

So, here are the albums I heard today:
As you can see, there are little symbols next to each album. Each ♠ means a star, so say an album has ♠♠♠♠. That means it's 4/5 Stars. I'll also have little notes to some albums as well. For example, one of the albums has the word SOLD next to it. Well, that means I didn't like it so much that I sold it. Some may have a little * next to it, so that means there's a review of it. I'll post a review next to it that will link to my "album of the day" blog.

You'll also notice that... well, I like to listen to my CD collection in alphabetical and chronological order. It's a good system since it offers a lot of variety most of the time and allows me to weed out albums I don't like as much and can sell for food money.

Intro's aside, let's get to it!

Municipal Waste's "Hazardous Mutations" was as good as when I first got it in 2005, while "The Art of Partying" was just "meh". I always thought it was an OK album, way too over-hyped in my opinion. Listening to those Napalm Death albums again was actually a thrill; couldn't believe how little I actually listen to these guys! I was a little excited about the Neurosis album since I hadn't heard it in so long.... don't get me wrong, it's a good album, but it just isn't for me. Too mellow for a guy like me.

On the flip side, Nevermore's "This Godless Endeavor" was just incredbile! Great progressive riffs and some of the greatest guitar playing I've heard since Devin Townsend! This album bleeds with a heavy Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend Influence, and tossing in the progressive tendencies of Queensryche. Meanwhile, Nile is just... Nile. Heavy as hell and incredibly brutal, but not much to write about.

No comments: