Friday, July 25, 2008

8-Album Mind: Fat Mike is Still Fat

Today, NOTHING but NOFX! Great day for it, I love NOFX! Hands down, one of my favorite bands.

Today's Playlist:

So Long, And Thank For All the Shoes ♠♠♠♠
The Decline ♠♠♠♠♠
Pump Up The Valuum ♠♠♠♠
Bottles To the Ground ♠♠♠
BYO Split Series 3: NOFX/Rancid ♠♠♠♠
45 or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough to Go on Our Other Records ♠♠♠♠
The War on Errorism ♠♠♠♠♠
Never Trust A Hippy ♠♠♠
Wolves in Wolves Clothing ♠♠♠
They've Actually Gotten WORST Live! ♠♠♠♠♠

This is a time where going disc by disc is going to just take too damn long! Fuck, 10 discs?! Actually, 11! "So Long" was the first NOFX album I ever bought, and it was after an assistant teacher in my high school played their cover of "Champs Elysee"... and I started headbanging in class. I hated that class, but that moment alone changed my life and made me a fan of NOFX!

"The War on Errorism" and "The Decline" are undisputed classic albums in my eyes!

Favorite tracks today in no order are "The Decline", "Golden Boys", "Separation of Punk and Skate", "Fuck the Kids", "Lori Meyers", "I'm Telling Tim", "All of Me", "USA-holes", "You Will Lose Faith", "The Man That I Killed", "Louise", and "Dinosaurs Will Die". Download, buy, whatever, these songs are great!

The main surprise of the day was "Wolves in Wolves Clothing". I've never been a fan of this album and today was basically judgment day. The first song, "60%", is basically what the album is; 60% good, 40% crap. Really hodgepoge and such, but the track "You Will Lose Faith", touched a nerve with some of the most deadly serious lyrics I've ever heard.

No comments: