Monday, August 11, 2008

8-Album Mind: Just Losing Your Mind

Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In ♠♠♠
Poison - Swallow This LIVE ♠ SOLD!
Possessed - Seven Churches ♠♠♠♠
Pride & Glory - Pride & Glory ♠♠♠♠

Another stressful and boring day, the type of day where fun takes a backseat to you not going insane. Despite The Plasmatics being first up in my order this week, I decided to save it for a day when I could use Wendy O. Williams and the rest of the group to my full advantage.

Poison's "Look What the Cat Dragged In" is actually a recent purchase for me and it's something I know that I would have enjoyed more when I was 16 and just getting into metal. I actually loved hair bands alongside Metallica and Megadeth, but when I got into Anthrax and, eventually, Slayer, my taste for glam has been really low. The album is actually solid, and all I really can say is that if your into Glam and Poison, tracks like "Talk Dirty to Me", "Cry Tough", and "Want Some, Need Some".

Meanwhile, the live album, "Swallow This Live" simply tanks. Get the greatest hits instead.

Possessed "Seven Churches" is a landmark metal release and, if your like me, the first time you heard it you may had wondered why. Well, after hearing it again today, I can honestly say that this blend of thrash and black metal that resulted in, what else, death metal, truly is a masterpiece!

Finally, Pride & Joy, Zakk Wylde's original solo group, simply kicks ass on it's one and only album. An undisputed masterpiece of the 1994 music scene, it seemelessly combines metal with Lynard Skynard, Led Zepplin, and blues and hard rock to create a freat album. Even when tracks like "Losing Your Mind" and countless others aren't rocking, the bonus disc with the cover of "The Wizard" and the incredible Zepplin's "In My Time Of Dyin".

All in all, good set...

No comments: