Wednesday, August 13, 2008

8-Album Mind: Tonight the Stars REVOLT!!!!!!!

Primus - Tales From the Punchbowl ♠♠♠♠
Primus - Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People ♠♠
Brain Posehn - Live In: Nerd Rage ♠♠♠♠
Pro-Pain - Prophets of Doom ♠♠♠♠
Probot - Probot ♠♠♠♠
Powerman 5000 - Tonight the Stars Revolt ♠♠♠♠♠

Admittedly, I'm exhausted right now and I really want to go to bed. All I really want to saw is that Powerman 5000 is incredibly under-rated and this album, though a success at the time, seems to go unannounced 90% of the time by the metal world. The Probot disc kicks ass, Pro-Pain released "Prophets of Doom" in 2005 and people should have paid more attention to it then and now. Fuck, it feels like your in an empty room with these guys yelling and playing metal riffs; cool that it's just for you, but kinda sad that no one else at all seems to notice this album. Even on Amazon.com the disc only has 5 reviews!

Brian Poshen.... you know, I actually have a story about this album. In the closing weeks of summer in 2006, I was in Relapse Records just on a whim. The store clerk, a lovely blonde with these long dreadlocks, informed me that Brian Posehn was upstairs. "What? Is this a joke?" "No, he's upstairs. And there's free pizza." So one of my favorite comedians was upstairs after releasing a new album, was performing that night across the street at the TLA... AND there was free pizza? Kick ass! I went up there... and it was Brian at a table with posters, his new album on CD, and even a picture-disc Vinyl. I didn't say much, I was nervous, and I got him to sign my Slayer Skateboard (the signatures gone now... damn it), the CD, the poster, and the Vinyl record. Really cool guy, too!

Primus? Well, what can I say? "Listen Now! Professor Nutbutter's House of Treats" is the best song on that album, and "Listen Now! Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" kicks ass. And the EP, "Animals", only has one good song, and that's "Listen Now! Pilcher's Squad". Get it for the DVD.

No comments: