Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Redesigning My Website: War Journal 9: One Evil Comes a Million Follow

Grrr....

Well, nothing beats having a website turn on you, especially when you don't know at all what the hell your doing anymore.

It's been about a week now since I've decided to start this site redesign project and I guess the best thing to say, and to reassure anyone who wants to hire me, is the successes I've had thus far:
  • I've learned a LOT about CSS coding, including making a background image a link.
  • How to create and code a web design that not only looks great, but works great!
  • The importance of CSS and XHTML Validation and compliance.
  • Really, really good SEO tips.
And now, the problems:
  • Realizing that not know anything about MySQL is now a problem in "Web 2.0".
  • Wordpress only takes "5 minutes to install" only if you know what your doing and your database is already set-up.
  • My CSS Coding needs some very small tweaking work.
I can make a version of the site to launch that will work tomorrow if I wanted to, but I decided that the best thing I can do is just hold off until it's done and all my errors are done. This may end my updates for a while in the War Journal. I'll do a CD roundup for the last week tomorrow, time permitting, and I just won't have links to Amazon on them since, well, it's like 50 CD's.

But I will show you my new photo:

Yes, for some reason, I decided my ugly mug was worth posting a new photo of. I'm in my Minor Threat photo. If you get the reference, good for you!

No comments: