Thursday, August 28, 2008

Apperantly, Being Anti-Obama Pays

I can't make this stuff up:

Back in April, I realized I hated the people left standing. This included Obama, McCain, and Hillary Clinton and, in that order, I made and released a new piece a day based on them pointing out the main problem with them.

Now, in 2004, I'm sure that my anti-Bush shirts would have done incredibly well had I done one that was original (and, lets be honest, the market was flooded by then after 2 years of the hate).

Oddly enough, despite the fact that I've made all of these items within the same span of time (about a week) with a t-shirt and poster on Zazzle, and let me give you some numbers:
So, let's boil this down. This means I've sold 10 Anti-Obama items, 3 Anti-McCain Items, and only 1 Anti-Clinton poster.

...I'm sorry, buy am I the only one who actually sees a problem here? I hate all these people and, granted, yes, I despise Obama the most (his ego is going to be our undoing, I know it)... but aren't people sick and tired of the Republican Party? Polls show that Americans want the Democrats to win, but are still leaning towards McCain.

So what is causing his effect? Is it that Obama is so famous that ANYTHING with his face or name on it, good or bad, means people will buy it willingly? Is McCain really THAT more likable to Obama? And are people over their Anti-Clinton feelings? Is it because of the design? It's also worth noting that sales have picked up of this anti-Obama gear since the Democratic National Convention started.

The odd thing is that I actually prefer the design of the McCain one, but I enjoy the message and the pop-culture feel of the Obama one. Maybe people are going on the same feeling.

Or maybe they just hate Obama. Who knows.

No comments: