Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8-Album Mind: Music So Good, Your Head Hurts

Punky Bruster - Cooked on Phonics ♠♠♠♠♠ REVIEW
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime ♠♠♠♠♠ REVIEW
Queensryche - Empire ♠♠♠♠
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine ♠♠♠♠♠
Rainbow - Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow ♠♠♠

I wound up getting a god-awful headache yesterday so this one got delayed until today. Well, the first two albums just plain kick ass. "Empire" was a good follow-up to "Operation: Mindcrime", and Rage Against the Machine gave me a headache. Rainbow's first album was OK, but the cover "Still I'm Sad" took the cake, as well as "Man on the Silver Mountain".

Literally, that's it. The reviews for the first two albums say more than I could right now.

OK, one more thing: Why the hell was that band called "RAINBOW"?! Seriously, what the hell were they thinking? What, did Dio and Blackmore have a meeting?

DIO: OK, I've got a bunch of ideas for band names! How about Dragonslayer, Elf, King Author, or, even better.. Dark River! Huh?
Blackmore: No, I say we call it Rainbow.
DIO: Rainbow?
Blackmore: Yeah, Rainbow.
DIO: .....we're going to play metal, really dark music about evil elves and dragons and such... as RAINBOW?
Blackmore: Yep. Naming it after that bar and grill in Hollywood.
Dio: ...............

Yeah, I wouldn't know what to say, either.

No comments: