Monday, August 4, 2008

UPDATES: Books, Skateboards, and Sneakers

OK, lot of projects going on, so here's an update:

1. "Monsters in My Head" and "The Art of Larry West" Portfolio Books

"Monsters in My Head", a book I've been drawing and writing about various evil thoughts that pop in my head, has been delayed indefinably for a variety of reasons, namely time. The book is incredibly time consuming to do and create, and I've been force to hold off for the time being to focus on other projects.

Meanwhile, the still-untitled portfolio book of my work is on hold while I find a way to make and print it and work on a few more pieces. I've got 3 pieces on my desk waiting to be inked and finished, and another dozen or so waiting for me to bring them to life. The book is on hold to see if they will be added and I'm going to have help editing it as well.

2. The Future of Larry West Custom Sneakers

As you know, I've been doing a lot of custom sneakers. Right now at roll-out, only women sizes are available and I've done a total of 4 designs, 3 of which are based on my RULES series. All shoes are made my Ked's and available through Zazzle.com, but all designs need to be approved by Ked's before going to sale. Right now, there's practically a million shoes designs that need to be approved, so it will be a while before I get final approval. I should know in a week.

3. Larry West Custom Skateboards Are Coming Soon!


The main reason for the delay in the launch of Mark Skull Boards (Larry West Boards?) is because I'm trying to determine the marketability of it (Which is really good to me!), cost (next to nothing, really), and promotions. Oh, and the pesky little problem of designing the site for it as well as deciding on an actual name. Right now, I want to go with Mark Skull Boards since that was the original name of the company I had in mind back in 2004 when I first made a push to do something like this.

4. Nuns Behaving Badly?

The reason this one got held up is just too complicated to explain and mainly has to do with the "How" aspect and it basically growing and turning into something I never expected. That's the cool thing about ideas sometimes; when you just let them be and grow, they can do really weird things! If your not sure what I'm talking about, I'm glad to leave it a little in the dark. Look for an update and pics in a week.


That's about it for now. More updates as they come and, maybe... a new logo?

No comments: